Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A walk in the Cloud

     I grew up in a very green place and though I love Paris, sometimes I need to take a walk in the woods. I also think it is primordial that my children be able to enjoy a bit of nature as well. It isn't easy in Paris where most of the parks are tiny and the grass is off limits. Even some of the trees are classified historical monuments and touching their branches will earn you a sharp, "C'est interdît, Madame !". As much as I love the jardin à la français I want my kids to run free.         The compromise is Parc Saint Cloud just outside of Paris, between the Bois de Boulogne and Versailles. Besides all the traditional Le Nôtre french gardens, you can also walk through the old hunting grounds. We followed trails around that date back to the 16th century.  Ok, it's not Yellowstone, but it's just a outside of Paris. And it sure beats the crowded Bois de Boulogne when the sun comes out.                          This Saturday it's going to reach 22˚ celsius!  I love Paris in the Springtime.  Tout le monde dehors !


1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I am Neringa from Travelavenue.com our editorial team has selected your blog to be a part of our program “Travelavenue favorite blog 2011”.
    Could you please send me your email?
    I will explain you our program in details
    Many thanks,
    Neringa
    neringa@travelavenue.com
    www.travelavenue.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...